Interactive Brokers Software Service India ("IBSSI") is looking for senior software engineers with Java concentration to help make our customer-facing trading applications and back-end systems even better. If you are proficient in developing front-end systems or corresponding back-end services for them, have solid programming experience, love the challenge of developing complex real-time solutions, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment with a strong team, then Interactive Brokers may be just the place for you. This job is heavily oriented toward designing, building and optimizing trading and back-office applications.
As an SSE, you’ll join a team of highly talented and motivated engineers who are passionate about their work. You'll design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions with complete ownership throughout this job.
Through its Client Services division, IB offers 24-hour weekday customer service via regional centers located through-out America, Europe and Asia. Our Client Services Development Group's responsibility is to develop and improve our brokerage-customer interaction applications, middle-tier servers, and related internal web and non-web applications.
Our software will enable our customers and customer service departments to interact efficiently. With the changing face of the Trading World (both in terms of rules, regulations, new products and markets) we need to make sure that we as a Broker are able to provide our customers with the most up to date information that may affect their Portfolios and trading strategies. The changing environment also requires us to build tools that will help our Customer Service departments to act efficiently to protect both the interest of our customers and ourselves as a Broker.
This position will be critical to the growth of our brokerage customer relationship business model. It is also an opportunity to develop a broad understanding of brokerage activities as well as to extend expertise in developing large-scale and real-time database systems. Duties for this position will include the analysis, design, development (full development life cycle), and support of Core Java / J2EE applications. We require a person that is highly motivated, independent, analytical and adept at solving complex problems.
- Research, conceive and develop technology solutions to extend and improve IB's customer facing and back-end applications.
- Write client / server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Work in close collaboration with engineering team based in other IB Offices in Europe and US.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way.
- BE or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related technical field from a reputed institution.
- Minimum 5+ years in developing multi-tiered Java applications (backend/middleware/frontend).
- Excellent analytical and software design skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English both written and spoken.
- Excellent knowledge in most of the technologies below:
*Spring framework in general
*JPA and JDBC
*Web and Application containers (i.e. Jetty, Tomcat and JBoss/Wildfly).
*REST based web services
*Front end technologies (i.e. JQuery, Bootstrap, etc).
- Deep understanding of design patterns and anti-patterns.
- Deep understanding on concurrency and multi-threading.
Good to have:
- Hands-on experience in:
*Continuous integration and automated deployment.
*Supporting production environments.
*Ant and Ivy
- Reasonable experience with automated testing frameworks and Quality Assurance
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision ( as your Manager may be located in a different location )
- Familiarity with PHP based applications.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info