Job Description and Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers seeks an individual to join our expanding Technical Operations team. In order to provide the best online trading experience in the world, Interactive Brokers software, systems, and other crucial business technology must be maintained, monitored and supported at all times and locations across the globe with vigilance, tenacity and precision. To achieve that goal, Interactive Brokers maintains a small team of cross-trained and exceptionally responsible individuals unbound to one specific skill or discipline. With bushido spirit, these operators develop tools, systems and solutions to ensure the correct function of the myriad systems encompassing Interactive Brokers platform. The operators gain experience and provide additional value working under the expert direction of senior trade, skill and industry experts to resolve complex issues with specific technology, hardware and software components.
On occasion Interactive Brokers resolves to offer this position to new talent. This candidate is an enterprising individual focused on the future of both themselves and their business, energized when challenges arise; victorious when mettle is tested. Inside this most critical department every team member is equally responsible. Part ‘pilot’, part ‘mechanic’ and part ‘air traffic controller’. Bound together, these operators provide an unending chain of critical support and assistance.
For the past two decades Interactive Brokers has rewritten the book on how electronic trading and how Wall Street in general operated as it grew into the largest US Broker (measured by trades). This small staff continues to be on the leading edge of those changes as it moves toward the future.
- Monitor all aspects of the Interactive Brokers global brokerage system
- Analyze, address, escalate and resolve brokerage system operability issues
- Communicate with exchanges to configure, test, and implement new trading technologies
- Work with our developers to design new and improve existing brokerage processes
- Trading Support
- Design and develop new monitoring and automation processes
- Act as primary escalation point for any and all technical issues
- Strong English communication skills
- A degree bachelor’s or apprenticeship in a technical discipline
- In-depth knowledge of computers, networks and technology in general
- The ability to analyze and solve problems promptly and accurately
- Prior Experience in a Technology position
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX style command line interfaces
- Prior experience with script languages (e.g. shell, perl and python, etc)
- A keen desire to explore and learn new, concepts, systems, technologies
IBKR Financial Services AG, a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Luxembourg, Australia and Singapore.
Interactive Brokers Financial Services (“IBKRFS”) in Zug is regulated by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory authority (FINMA).
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info