Due to the continued expansion of our business activities, we are establishing an online broker in Singapore named Interactive Brokers Singapore (“IBSG”) and seeking the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (“MAS”).
The Financial and Regulatory Reporting Manager role (based either in Hong Kong or Singapore, preferably in Hong Kong) will be a key position that carries an overall responsibility for financial regulatory compliance for IBSG, and for daily accounting and month-end close processing. This position will require a highly organized, analytical thinker, who is persistent as well as resourceful in getting to the right answer.
The Financial and Regulatory Reporting Manager will have the responsibility of ensuring the accuracy of financial statements under Singapore GAAP, safeguarding of customer money and compliance with net capital rules. The manager will oversee daily reporting to the MAS and various other regulatory authorities in Singapore overseeing the business of IBSG. A qualified candidate will have in depth knowledge of:
- Regulatory reporting requirements for a MAS Capital Markets licence holder, in particular the Risk Based Capital Adequacy Requirements issued by the MAS.
- Various financial products and their implications on regulatory reporting.
- Singapore accounting standards.
IBSG is a new entity under IBKR and will initially commence business with a small team with the support and close working relationship with our global teams. Depending on the incumbent’s capacity, this position will also assist in the coverage of other entities of Interactive Brokers in Asia Pacific, i.e. Hong Kong, Australia and Japan, and will play an important role in supporting the growth of our business in the region. Training will be provided and there is extensive documentation of the various regulatory requirements for the above-mentioned countries.
- Daily client money reconciliation.
- Daily financial resources computation.
- Monthly regulatory return.
- All other financial regulatory reporting.
- Financial queries and examinations from the regulators.
- Weekly PLs for the business.
- Monthly review of the balance sheet and income statement during month-end close, which will be used in regulatory reporting.
- Tracking new regulatory rules and requirements.
- Assist in the design of regulatory set-up for new products.
- Point person for local financial audits.
- Maintain and document regulatory controls and procedures.
- Ad hoc analysis: revenue enhancements, cost savings for the business.
- Continue to improve automation for all aspects of regulatory reporting.
- Participate in local and regional, and global meetings (where required) on above areas.
- 5 plus years of financial regulatory reporting experience.
- Post graduate accounting qualification from a recognized accounting body.
- Ability to evaluate current procedures and design and implement changes in order to streamline operations, while ensuring sufficient checks and balances.
- Prior experience in highly automated environment and ability to specify programming requirements is a plus.
Other Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Must be fluent in English.
- Prior experience with Oracle Financials preferred.
- Must be an intellectually curious self-starter and have the ability to work without constant supervision.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Not afraid to question and research information.
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a small team.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info