IANS is seeking Senior Research Content Writer/Editor to support several product lines, including our CISO Inquiry Community, Ask-an-Expert line of reports, tools, polls and transcriptions, quarterly faculty reports, blogs and email newsletters. The individual should have a technology background (preferably in IT security) and be comfortable synthesizing content from many sources and communicating the main recommendations to our client base in clear, concise, straightforward language that helps clients make informed decisions quickly and accurately.
The Editor/Writer should be as comfortable writing on deadline as they are providing pointed input and suggested changes to a variety of stakeholders. The Editor/Writer must write and edit error-free copy, thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to ensure every product meets IANS’ high standards for quality and insightfulness. Primary job responsibilities include:
- Write succinct summaries of client surveys designed to help clients benchmark with their peers on a range of executive-level information security topics. Work with subject matter experts to ensure they provide on-point recommendations for each survey. Build easy-to-read documents (both attributed and anonymized) for delivery via email and IANS’ client portal.
- Edit client/expert call transcript summaries, ensuring calls are fully anonymized and freelance writers capture and communicate the primary recommendations clearly and completely. Manage the process, from recording and AI transcription, through editing and subject matter expert review, to publishing.
- Edit, write and rewrite reports from IANS subject matter experts to ensure they completely answer client questions across a variety of information security technology and management topics. Deliverables range from intro-level tech overviews to step-by-step implementation guides, to management-level briefs on staffing and leadership engagement.
- Work closely with client services representatives to ensure clients receive final reports in a timely manner, and work with inhouse editors to prepare anonymized reports for online publishing.
- Write all headlines and summary blurbs for both online and offline channels.
- Manage freelance contractors.
- Write and edit blogs and marketing newsletters on an as-needed basis.
- Expert-level editing, writing and communication skills
- Has produced technical/IT security content
- Expert-level experience with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of AP style, HTML, content management systems and Trello