IANS Research is a fast-growing 145-person information security advisory headquartered in Boston. We are seeking a hands-on HR Generalist to own benefits and HR administration, new hire onboarding, and contribute to our many team-building initiatives.
The HR Generalist will possess skills and work ethic aligned with our values of grit, results, initiative, passion, positivity, teamwork and curiosity. The position reports to the VP, Human Resources. The position is hybrid with the expectation of working from our Boston office 2-3 days/week.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage benefits including medical/dental/vision plans, flex spending, paid time off, PFML, COBRA and flex spending for all employees
- Communicate with our external broker on benefits-related topics
- Oversee and process all leaves of absences including but not limited to Disability & PFML claims
- Process terminations
- Partner with the Controller for payroll adjustments and new hire inputs
- Respond to and resolve employee inquiries
- Coordinate annual open enrollment
- Stay current with local, state and Federal HR laws and legislation
- Led and process benefits orientation for new hires and continuously recommend benefit enhancements.
- Evaluate and analyze existing benefit programs to suggest ways to improve or create efficiencies.
New hire onboarding and offboarding
- Deliver HR onboarding to all new hires, process new hire paperwork in the ADP platform and run background checks
- Lead the buddy program
- Coordinate cross functional new hire lunches
- Conduct 30 and 90-day check ins with new hires
- Responsible for coordinating the offboarding process: processing termination paperwork, sending notifications to applicable departments to remove system and building access, conduct exit interviews.
- Maintain org chart, employee lists and personnel files
- Coordinate office seating & liaise with technology to develop and manage our hoteling plans