IANS Payroll Analyst
For the security practitioner caught between rapidly evolving threats and demanding executives, IANS Research is a clear-headed resource for decision-making and articulating risk. We provide experience-based security insights for Chief Information Security Officers and their teams. The core of our value comes from the IANS Faculty, a network of seasoned practitioners. We support client decisions and executive communications with Ask-an-Expert inquiries, our peer community, deployment-focused reports, tools and templates, and consulting. To learn more about us, visit www.iansresearch.com.
We are currently seeking a Payroll Analyst to join our Finance Team. This role reports to our Assistant Controller and will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely execution of pay cycles, preparation of various payroll filings, managing variable incentive compensation, and reconciliation of payroll-related data to the general ledger. The Payroll Analyst would also provide administrative and financial reporting support to the Human Resource and Finance Departments.
- Manage employee payroll and benefits using ADP Workforce (“WFN”), ensuring timely and accurate processing of all payroll & benefit-related activities.
- Provide day-to-day administration of all compensation payment processing components to ensure complete, accurate and timely settlements.
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual sales commission plans & incentive payments, policies, and programs.
- Manage the integrations of various cross-functional systems utilized to calculate and process sales commissions.
- Prepare and manage the legal filings required to maintain employees in various states.
- Research and implement processes for compliance with new personnel laws, such as paid family & medical leave.
- Review compensation related tax filings including W-2's, 941’s, and/or other state & federal ad-hoc filings as necessary.
- Prepare all payroll related journal entries and related account reconciliations.
- Maintain and/or implement systems of internal control applicable to payroll and compensation related activities & reporting.
- Provide administrative and financial reporting support to the Assistant Controller as needed.
- Support the HR Department performing other duties as needed.
- 4-7 years of related experience in a sales-driven organization, preferably with a mix of HR & accounting or accounting-adjacent experience
- Experience preferred (but not required) with:
- ADP WFN -- payroll & benefits administration suite
- Sage Intacct -- accounting software
- Salesforce -- CRM platform
- Professional proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Enjoys working with both people & numbers
- Organized and detail-oriented, strong analytical/problem-solving ability
- Good communication skills, able to work productively across various levels of the organization
- Strong sense of professional integrity; able to maintain a high-level of confidentiality working with sensitive information
- Team player with the ability to help out in other areas as needed