Director of Communications and Content
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Communications and Content to join IANS Research.
The Director will create and manage the implementation of public relations, social media, thought leadership content and other content and communications strategies that support the goals of the organization. The Director of Communications and Content will work closely with other leaders within marketing including from the demand gen team, across teams including the Research team, and with our subject matter experts to advance our external communications strategy.
The Director of Communications and Content will play a key role in the growth of IANS. Responsibilities include:
- Lead external communications strategies with informative insights-based campaigns geared toward specific target personas.
- Attract, retain, structure, motivate and lead a proactive, collaborative external communications, PR, and content team.
- Collaborate with all levels of the organization and stakeholders to develop and implement external communication strategies.
- Oversee all insights-based content development initiatives across multiple platforms and formats, including blogs, posts and high-quality content pieces.
- Generate a cadence of social media content, analyzing reach and engagement for continuous improvement in reaching target audiences.
- Lead, support, and implement public relations, with a particular emphasis on our subject matter expert (also known as Faculty) contributions.
- Support other communications initiatives with media relations, as needed, that include launches and speaking engagements.
- Develop communication approach, processes, resources, and governance frameworks to ensure high quality, aligned, and brand compliant communication is delivered to stakeholders and the public.
The successful candidate will bring many of the following competencies:
- Comfort with, and a knowledge base within, Cyber Security terminology.
- Expert storyteller and disciplined written communication skills.
- Ability to roll up sleeves to write, as well as manage writers and creatives.
- Strong collaborator with project planning and management skills; ability to collaborate across the organization as well as outside the organization.
- Leadership, initiative, and influence skills to create alignment and buy-in with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, while being flexible, collaborative and deadline driven.
- Team-building skills and ability to manage and motivate staff.
Professional education and experience requirements for the role include
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English/American Literature, Communications, or related field required. Master’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of related discipline experience or demonstrated competency.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing diverse teams and direct reports by assessing and prioritizing projects.
- Previous content development experience is required.
- Experience creating and managing a content calendar with themes and tied to campaigns.
- Proven track record of message development and message distribution via multiple channels.
- Experience working closely with journalists, dealing with reporters, and responding to media requests.
- Experience with creating a social media cadence.
- Experience with analyzing content engagement and optimizing content programs to maximize engagement.