Supernal is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. We are designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities. This allows passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Sr. Cloud Engineer is responsible for the technical implementation and leadership of our cloud IT infrastructure. This position will partner with other systems and network specialists and other non-IT team members to deliver a modern, premier IT environment. This role will use both private and public cloud resources to support our R&D and engineering organizations and product development efforts as well as our corporate IT environment.
What you can do:
- Lead and support an MS Azure IaaS infrastructure. Design and deploy cloud VMs, networks, storage, and other resources
- Solve issues with VMs, services, integrations, and other major cloud infrastructure components
- Partner with internal customers to define requirements and implement new services
- Work closely with other members of the infrastructure team to integrate our public and private cloud with on premise and other hosted networks
- Run and monitor cloud resource inventory for outages, utilization, audit, cost management, and troubleshooting
- Report breaches and other security incidents to management; coordinate and support security and access policies
- Regularly review existing infrastructure design, policies, and procedures to identify new opportunities and drive positive change
- Leverage platform tools and scripting to drive automation and growth at scale
- Develop relevant documentation for owned services/ resources
- Ensure compliance requirements are met using strict access control for relevant resources
- Ensure backups and redundancies are in place for owned resources
- Other duties as assigned
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- 5+ years’ experience coordinating computer and/or network infrastructure in a systems engineer or administrator role
- 3+ years’ experience performing systems administration / engineering in Public cloud platforms, including Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Proven hands-on experience with design & implementation of IT infrastructure IaaS/public cloud environments
- Hands-on experience using configuration management and automation tools to create and maintain cloud resources at scale
- Consistent record of monitoring and running large server and virtual infrastructure
- Some knowledge of Windows Server / Linux OS administration
- Knowledge of cloud encryption policies and tools such as Azure key vault or AWS KMS is highly valued
- Strong understanding of security standard methodologies specific to cloud technologies
- Basic knowledge of VPN and other core networking concepts like DNS, DHCP, NAT, etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive delivery of communication and follow up
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize and accomplish work within time constraints
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking personality
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience with multi-cloud, private cloud, or hybrid models is highly desirable.
- Solutions Architect training & certifications from AWS, Azure or similar
- Experience using API is a plus
- Knowledge of containerization and auto scaling technologies
- Familiarity designing and/or operating cloud environments around compliance standards such as NIST, ISO, FedRamp, and EAR/ITAR is preferable
- Knowledge of command line and scripting for creating and running cloud resources; PowerShell experience is a big plus.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job responsibilities of this position require access to certain technology and/or software source code subject to U.S. export control laws and certain software that can only be used and accessed by U.S. Persons. Accordingly, this position is limited to applicants that are US Persons, i.e., U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20),or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).