Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
On our Battery Technology & Innovation Team, we have embarked on a mission to support the creation of a ground-breaking future in urban air transportation using eVTOL (Electrical Vertical Takeoff and Landing) aircraft. We believe that innovation and creativity at each step in the development are the keys to bringing solutions that help to improve lives. If you are a person who does not accept status quo in this regard and wants to be part of crafting this exciting new future along with us, this is where you belong.
We work on the cutting edge of Battery Technology to build a state of the art, safe, sustainable and efficient energy storage solution for eVTOL aircraft. For this purpose, we are looking for an outstanding Battery System Development Engineer to support us pushing packaging technology for HV battery pack further. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, passionate about electrified aircraft development, and capable of quickly adapting to direction changes.
What you can do:
- Scout and evaluate technologies to enable highly safe, energy dense and lightweight ESS
- Support mechanical and electrical design processes in the adoption of advanced technologies
- Build engineering tools to provide trade-off studies between packaging efficiency, thermal, NVH to be used during technology evaluation processes
- Build and contribute to component specifications, verification plans, and other technical documents
- Collaborate with battery component suppliers to support new technology developments
- Collaborate with the battery integration team to optimize and improve the battery system design including the thermal control system
- Collaborate with BMS team to optimize integrating of electrical components to battery pack
- Collaborate with battery test and validation team on DVP&R activities
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering discipline with 5+ years of proven experience in HV battery system design, development and testing with strong materials background (structural composites, thermal interface materials, thermal barriers, foams, etc.)
- Strong understanding of HV battery system architecture and supporting technologies
- Proficiency in CATIA and at least one of battery system modeling/simulation suite
- Ability to demonstrate excellent understanding of mechanical structures and thermal analysis of a battery system
- Proven experience developing engineering tools/processes to support analysis and design
- Professional knowledge of Lithium-based batteries
- Experience with DOEs for performance evaluation and hardware test & validation for HV battery pack
You may also be able to contribute:
- M.Sc. or higher in ME or similar with 2+ years of experience in designing high voltage and high power battery pack
- Experience working in aviation with DO-160 and DO-311 familiarity
- Experience working with regulatory agencies
- Knowledge of optimization techniques & application to CAE and product design (i.e. multidisciplinary design optimization, DOE/RSM, topology optimization)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.