Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
On our Battery Technology & Innovation Team, we have embarked on a mission to support the creation of a ground-breaking future in urban air transportation using eVTOL (Electrical Vertical Takeoff and Landing) aircraft. We believe that innovation and creativity at each step in the development are the keys to bringing solutions that help to improve lives. If you are a person who does not accept status quo in this regard and wants to be part of crafting this exciting new future along with us, this is where you belong.
We work on innovative battery technology to build a state of the art, safe, sustainable and most efficient energy storage solutions for eVTOL applications. For this, we are looking for an energetic BMS Test Engineer for our sophisticated high voltage Battery Management System development. Our ideal candidate must be self-motivated, passionate in electrified aircraft development, and resilient to quickly adapt with direction changes. As an excellent BMS Test Engineer, you will have a good understanding of battery management hardware, specifically the compute areas, cell and pack level protections, and battery control and management. You must have an exceptionally good “how to break” mentality to expose underlying details of the distribution FW issues to our design engineers through detailed test architecture and plans. You will work closely with highly talented HW, Algorithm and SW engineers from multi-functional teams of battery design, battery management system, flight control and management.
What you can do:
- Development of high-level and detailed level FW Test environment & architecture
- Definition of overall BMS FW architecture from FW test coverage viewpoint
- Contribute to the tool selection, implementation of FW dev & build environment, verification & validation processes
- Triaging and debug of test issues, work with FW developers to ensure timely resolution
- Automating test cases and developing test tools required for BMS FW
- Using continuous integration environments / tools and CI standard methodologies to improve test coverage for BMS FW
- Working with HW teams on HW testing, validation, and factory build support
- Implement standard methodologies for building, testing, and releasing software
- Support SIL / HIL test system development, Test Cases development, System brings up and trouble shooting.
- Use HIL system and verify BMS FW on target BMS PCB & emulated Battery packs.
- Develop Test SW for HW testers used in Environmental, EMI/EMC, Safety and Regression tests.
- Support Interface SW design, development and validation for Production Tester for BMS PCBA and Battery Packs
- Test BMS HW for complex HW/FW interlaced tests to support BMS EE design Engineers
What you can contribute:
- BS Degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering with 5+ years proven experience in FW QA / testing
- Highly motivated and has strong aptitude towards detailed and highly rigorous QA / test processes
- Experience with FW verification & validation experience for Battery management or other real time systems to be used in HV batteries
- Strong fundamentals in RTOS systems, different communication buses like SPI, Ethernet and CAN bus
- Experience with FW testing in continuous integration-based work environment with tools like Jenkins.
- Exposure in SIL / HIL environment and equipments for BMS FW testing
- Fundamental understanding of safety critical FW programming and development
- Experience in testing FW developed for resource constrained environments
- Good programming skills in C, C++, MATLAB and scripting tools like Python
- Ability to develop collaborative networks among peers and multi-functional teams quickly
- Excellent skills in communication, problem solving
You may also be able to contribute:
- MS/PhD Degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering with 3+ years proven experience in FW QA / testing
- Exposure to aviation/aerospace standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.