Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
On our Battery Technology & Innovation Team, we have embarked on a mission to support the creation of a ground-breaking future in urban air transportation using eVTOL (Electrical Vertical Takeoff and Landing) aircraft. We believe that innovation and creativity at each step in the development are the keys to bringing solutions that help to improve lives. If you are a person who does not accept status quo in this regard and wants to be part of crafting this exciting new future along with us, this is where you belong.
We work on innovative battery technology to create a state of the art, safe, sustainable and most optimal energy storage solution for eVTOL applications. We are looking for an outstanding Embedded FW Engineer for our sophisticated high voltage Battery Management System development. Our ideal candidate must be self-motivated, passionate about electrified aircraft development, and resilient to quickly adapt with direction changes. As a professional in battery firmware designer, you will have a good understanding of battery management hardware, specifically the compute areas, cell and pack level protections, and battery control and management. You must have a detail-oriented mentality to support our engineers with making tradeoff decisions. You will work closely with HW, Algorithm and SW engineers from multi-functional teams of battery design, battery management system, flight control and management.
What you can do:
- Development of high-level and detailed level RTOS based BMS FW architecture
- Contribute to overall BMS HW architecture definition based on system level battery performance requirements and functional safety requirements
- Definition for FW and HW dependencies internal to BMS and at system level
- Develop detailed FW design for distributed and redundant BMS system with self-test and discrimination capabilities
- Capable of developing and implementing battery management algorithms both independently and with algorithm team effectively in resource constrained environments
- Development of robust communication interfaces in line with aircraft system requirements
- Participation and driving system level tradeoffs on HW / FW partitioning and trade off decisions
- Participation in architectural discussions with aircraft control system & powertrain teams to drive optimal decisions for BMS HW and FW architectures
- Responsible for the tool selection, the development and implementation of a robust FW development & build environment, verification & validation processes including developing SIL/HIL test system
- Establishment of high-quality design / code review processes and ensure that they are followed from module level to integration level
What you can contribute:
- MS/PhD in Electrical or Computer engineering with focus on Embedded system development for real time applications
- 10 years of real time, safety critical FW development experience with resource constrained microcontrollers. Out of this, 3+ years of proven experience in embedded FW development for high voltage large format batteries
- Proven experience in embedded FW architecture development at production level
- Proven experience in implementing FW and experience in verification and validation processes for real time systems
- Proven experience in the development of simple algorithms for battery SOC estimation and the like
- Specialist in real time embedded system requirement gathering, architectural development and FW development process
- Excellent programming skills in C and C++
- Good digital signal processing code development experience and ability to develop simple algorithms where needed.
- Strong aptitude towards detailed and highly rigorous development process with emphasis on simple and elegant design concepts for mass production
- Excellent leadership skills and a lead by example mind-set
- Excellent in developing collaborative networks among peers and multi-functional teams
- Excellent skills in communication, problem solving and critical thinking
- Understanding of DO-178C compliance for SW development process
- FW/SW development methodology and analysis process to ensure functional safety
- Understanding of ARP4754/4761 processes for safety assessment
- Basic understanding of DO-311A
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.