Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Flight Technology team provides the technical capabilities that enable Hyundai UAM to craft safe, quiet, efficient, and innovative air vehicles that will transform future mobility.
We are looking for a CFD Engineer to support air vehicle design, component test, and flight test with computational fluid dynamics analysis.
What you can do:
- Be responsible for planning and execution of computational fluid dynamics analysis to support design and testing of air vehicles at different stages of development
- Develop aerodynamic databases to support engineering flight simulation
- Conduct computational analysis of interactional aerodynamics at the component and vehicle levels
- Establish sound Design of Experiment guidelines and repeatable, automated processes to optimize computational throughput
- Explore analysis techniques for novel technologies, establishing reliable engineering approaches to utilizing CFD for development of non-traditional designs
- Work with the broader engineering team to conduct multi-disciplinary trade studies to guide design decisions
What you can contribute:
- Substantial understanding of computational fluid dynamics engineering fundamentals, especially in regard to vertical lift aircraft
- Proven experience using CFD to evaluate innovative technologies
- Proven experience with ultramodern computational fluid dynamics analysis techniques that builds on a B.S. degree in a relevant engineering field
You may also be able to contribute:
- Leverage additional knowledge and capability gained from earning an M.S. or a Ph.D. degree in a relevant engineering field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.