Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Flight Technology team provides the technical capabilities that enables the design of safe, quiet, efficient, and innovative air vehicles, transforming future mobility. This team is looking for a Senior Simulation Engineer to support air vehicle design, component test, and flight test with engineering flight simulation development.
What you can do:
- Be responsible for planning and execution of flight simulation development to support design and testing of air vehicles at various stages of development
- Work with a team of Simulation Engineers from various departments to develop vehicle system and subsystem simulation components
- Support maintenance of sound software development standards and processes
- Support maintenance of a real-time flight simulation environment for pilot-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop simulation
What you can contribute:
- A deep and broad understanding of engineering simulation fundamentals, especially with regards to flight simulation of vertical lift aircraft
- Extensive experience developing engineering simulation environments to evaluate new and novel technologies at the vehicle system and sub-system levels
- Experience with Common Image Generator Interface (CIGI)
- Experience with interface messaging constructs found in Ethernet, Avionics and Serial protocols
- Experience with state-of-the-art, physics-based flight simulation techniques that builds on a B.S. degree in a relevant engineering field
You may also be able to contribute:
- Leverage additional knowledge and capability gained from earning an M.S. or a Ph.D. degree in a relevant engineering field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.