Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Hyundai Urban Air Mobility Division is looking for an experienced flight control systems engineer. This person will work with the systems lead to establish architecture, define requirements, create and analyze system safety in development of the flight controls systems. This position will also help to define the system standard methodologies and system philosophy.
What you can do:
- Establish and review architecture including hardware, actuator, and sensor decisions in creation of flight-critical flight controls system
- Partners with team leader to develop and review flight control system requirements process in defining the fly by wire system
- Collaborate with colleagues on powertrain, avionics, and other engineering teams for flight controls interface
- Work with certification team to aid in establishing certification basis for flight controls
- Participate and review system safety analysis to ensure aircraft safety within the flight controls design architecture
What you can contribute:
- Bulk of flight controls experience in fly-by-wire manned and/or unmanned aircraft control systems design
- Strong knowledge in defining, reviewing, and maintaining system requirements
- Some experience with hardware development of flight control computers
- Some experience in analyzing and choosing sensor packages (inertial, GNS, airdata)
- Basic understanding DO-178B/C, DO-160, DO-254, ARP 4754A, ARP 4761
- Experience with system safety including analyzing fault trees, system safety reliability, FHA, SSAs, common mode analysis, zonal analysis
- Highly collaborative and phenomenal communication skills
- B.S. in aerospace, electrical, or a relevant engineering field
You may also be able to:
- Some experience with actuator architecture development – EMA experience desired
- Familiarity with FAA part 23/25/27/29 or other certification experience
- M.S. in aerospace, electrical, or a relevant engineering field a positive
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.