Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
At the Battery Technology & Innovation team, we have embarked on a mission to support the creation of a ground-breaking future in urban air transportation using eVTOL (Electrical Vertical Takeoff and Landing) aircraft. We believe that innovation and creativity at each step in the development are key to bringing cutting-edge solutions. If you are a person who do not accept the status quo in this regard and want to be part of crafting this exciting new future along with us, this is where you belong.
We are looking for a battery data engineer who is interested in establishing and growing our team's capability of performing data-driven R&D projects. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, team oriented, passionate about working with large data coming from different fields of expertise, and a strong desire to advance battery technology using data-driven approaches. In this multidisciplinary role, the candidate will work closely with our company's data analytics team, scientists/engineers from multi-functional battery R&D teams, and other system functional groups.
What you can do:
- Develop battery data science framework to be used by battery engineers/scientists
- Work with test engineers in battery R&D labs to develop SOPs to enable automated data collection processes
- Support the developments of battery physics-based models and BMS deep learning algorithms
- Provide the support to our core data analytics team to architect, build, launch ETL data pipelines between battery data warehouses and system data lake
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Chemistry, Engineering, Physics, or related fields, with 5+ years of proven experience in professional software and/or data engineering
- Strong coding skill with Python in the fields of data analysis and UI tools creation
- Knowledge in Li-ion battery fundamentals and testing protocols
- Strong statistical analysis skill
- Solid understanding of data architectures, database management, big data management and processing with high-performance data aggregations
- Hand-on experience in establishing highly reliable data pipelines
- Industrial experience in OOPs. Good communication skills with cross functional teams
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master degree or higher in Computer Science, or similar, with strong data engineer/science and battery data analysis background
- Experience in deploying ML/deep learning platform
- Experience with Matlab
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.