Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
In the Battery Technology & Innovation Team, we have embarked on a mission to support the creation of a ground-breaking future in urban air transportation using eVTOL (Electrical Vertical Takeoff and Landing) aircraft. We believe that innovation and creativity at each step in the development are the key to bringing solutions that help to improve the lives of common people. If you are a person who does not accept the status quo in this regard and wants to be part of crafting this exciting new future along with us, this is where you belong.
We work on the cutting-edge of Battery Technology to build a state of the art, safe, sustainable, and most efficient energy storage solution for eVTOL aircraft. For this, we are looking for an outstanding BMS Development & HIL Engineer for our sophisticated high voltage Battery Management System development. Our ideal candidate must be self-motivated, passionate about electrified aircraft development, and resilient to quickly adapt with direction changes. As a specialist in analog and mixed signal electronic design of BMS, you will require a professional understanding of high voltage battery management hardware, specifically the AFE, cell and pack level protections, special components, battery control, and management. You will need an extraordinarily detail oriented mentality to support our engineers with making tradeoff decisions. You will work closely with highly hardworking HW, BMS FW, BMS Algorithm and SW engineers from multi-functional teams of battery design, battery management system, flight control, and management.
What you can do:
- Board level requirement spec, design & release of analog and mixed circuit based BMS schematics & PCBAs from concept to completion using Altium or equivalent tool set in compliance with functional safety requirements
- Electronic circuit simulation for design compliance using pSpice or other tools
- Electronic, electrical and IC parts selection to meet performance goals, specifying and working with suppliers to develop custom parts.
- Development of layout guidelines for PCBs and guides Layout Engineers to meet all physical and electrical requirements of BMU
- Analyzes the schematic and layout designs with simulation tools and calculations to verify its conformance to the design requirements
- Conducting design reviews, incorporating team feedbacks and releasing design documents for builds
- Conducting hands on board bring up and other tests on prototypes to validate the design and completing design changes through ECO processes
- Specifying test plans and test limits for BMS HW and corresponding production testers in compliance with DO311A battery protection and test processes
- Developing robust stage gated, checklist controlled HW development process in compliance with DO254, ARP 4761/4754, DO160C aero space standards
- Development of HIL test system for robust verification BMS HW with FW/Algorithm
What you can contribute:
- 5+ years experience in BMS development with HiL setup and testing experience
- Demonstrated experience in high voltage battery management system HW development with cell monitors, module level HV communication, pack level master controllers and communication interfaces for system interactions.
- Expert in crafting analog & mixed signal high voltage, high accuracy and medium speed PCB design using the latest cell monitors and master BMS microcontrollers
- Experience is using ARM based microcontrollers a plus
- Experienced in end-to-end product development from concept to production ramp using structured document oriented and data-oriented methods
- Experience in functional safety analysis including Safety Hazard Analysis, FMEA, REL and FTA
- Scripting skills in Python and programming skills in C, C++
- Proven experience in ECAD tools like Altium for schematics and layouts
- Proven experience in efficiency tools and simulation tools like pSpice
- General experience in modeling tools like Matlab, Simulink and Simscape
- Understanding of ARP4754 / 4761 processes for safety evaluations
- Understanding of DO254 for HW design process and DO311A for battery safety protection requirements and test method
- Ability to design HW to meet DO160C
- Excellent skills in technical communication, problem solving and reliance on data for issue resolution and decision making
- Travel to company labs and supplier labs at other locations needed
You may also be able to contribute:
- Master degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.