Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Hyundai Urban Air Mobility Division is looking for a Senior Control Law (CLAW) engineer to join the Flight Controls team. This person will be a crucial contributor to the development and implementation of the Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) of our aircraft.
What you can do:
- Design and implement flight control algorithms for a VTOL aircraft with a novel configuration
- Proficiency in implementing classical and modern control law
- Conduct trade studies between different design considerations and control schemes.
- Define control system architecture, response types, etc. for an aircraft that might change configuration between flight regimes.
- Conduct stability and control related analyses in time and frequency domain.
- Collaborate with the Systems engineering team to define requirements related to the flight control system and system safety.
What you can contribute:
- Proven experience in flight control algorithm design for rotary-wing and/or fixed-wing Fly-By-Wire aircraft systems
- Proven experienced in analyzing flight dynamic modes for stability and control
- Experience with actuator and motor control loops
- Experience with mixing and blending of control surface commands
- Experience with flight testing
- Experience with sensor processing and Kalman filter design
- Experience with requirement definition
- Familiarity with DO-178B/C, DO-160, DO-254, ARP 4754A, ARP 4761
- Expertise in MathWorks® tools for control algorithm development
- Familiarity with FAA part 23/25/27/29 or other certification experience
- Highly collaborative and phenomenal communication skills
- B.S. in aerospace or relevant engineering field
You may also be able to contribute:
- Leverage additional knowledge and capability gained from earning an M.S. or a Ph.D. degree in a relevant engineering field
- Familiarity with aircraft handling quality requirements
- Familiarity with DO-331
- Experience on aircraft with multiple different modes of flight, including vertical lift
- Experience building control laws for unmanned aircraft
- Experience with system identification and optimization tools (CIFER, CONDUIT)
- Experience in math model development of a physical system
- Experience with Agile process
- Some experience in C++ is beneficial
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.