Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Hyundai Urban Air Mobility Division is looking for a Principal Avionics Software Engineer. This individual will be a self-starter, who has proven knowledge and experience in the areas listed below and can prioritize and perform tasks as an individual contributor with minimal supervision. As the engineering organization grows, this person may be expected to lead and/or supervise other engineering team members from the Avionics Software team.
What you can do:
- Software Development Process and Certification using DO-178B/C
- C/C++, Matlab, Simulink, Related Tools
- Board Support, I/O Drivers, Partitioned Operating Systems, Airborne Applications
- Design Flight Critical Electric Vehicle Battery Management System Interface
- Interface to ADS-B Transponder, TCAS, NavCom Radios, Other Avionics
- Aviation I/O Protocols for Serial Databus Communications
- Embedded Microcomputer, Multicore Processor, System on a Chip (SoC)
- Previous Leadership for Aviation Equipment Development Projects
- Development of Onboard Entertainment and Cabin Communications Systems
- Incorporate Datalink, Radar, Sensors, Video, Cameras (both InfraRed and Visual)
- Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) and High Integrity Computer Architecture
What you can contribute:
- Experience with Lab, Ground and Flight Testing
- DO-160, DO-254, ARP 4754A, ARP 4761 familiarity
- Knowledge of Special Purpose (custom) ASIC and/or Firmware
- Familiarity with FAA part 21/23/25/27/29 or other certification experience
- Highly collaborative and phenomenal communication skills
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience with aircraft having multiple different modes of flight, including vertical lift
- B.S. in computer science, electrical engineering or relevant engineering field
- M.S. in computer science, electrical engineering or relevant engineering field.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.