Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
At GAM in Battery Technology & Innovation Team, we have embarked on a mission to support creation of a ground-breaking future in urban air transportation using eVTOL (Electrical Vertical Takeoff and Landing) aircraft. We believe that innovation and creativity at each step in the development are the to bringing solutions that help to improve the lives of common people. If you are a person who does not accept the status quo in this regard and want to be part of crafting this exciting new future along with us, this is where you belog.
We work on the cutting edge of Battery Technology to build a state of the art, safe, sustainable and efficient energy storage solution for eVTOL aircraft. We are looking for an outstanding technician for our sophisticated Battery Management System development. Our ideal candidate must be self-motivated, passionate about hands on electrical and electronic HW prototyping and testing. You should be flexible in learning new skills as needed to support new challenges in testing. As an excellent EE Tech, you will support EE and FW engineers in their prototype development and testing. You will work closely with highly talented HW, BMS FW and BMS Algorithm engineers from multi-functional teams of battery design and battery management system.
What you can do:
- Test fixture building, soldering, PCB rework and assembly of prototypes using quick turn PCBs for mixed signal electronics or bread board assemblies, cells and wiring
- Design small PC Boards for new concepts complete with schematics, layout, fabrication, assembly and test them based on HW/FW engineer requests
- Developing high quality and unambiguous revision-controlled test plans (based on test requirements and schematics), test set ups, running the tests and test report generation for EEs and FW engineers
- Test script generation for automated testing using Python or similar tools
- Maintaining EE Lab with full supply of parts and tools needed for efficient and quick test set up and testing
- Responsible for EE lab equipment procurement, calibration, safety, cleanliness, lab organization and lab improvements needed for new test challenges
- Helping Engineers in board bring up and other tests on BMS and battery pack prototypes to implement the design
- Test battery cells and battery packs using special testers to support engineers in cell characterization and algorithm development per their test requirements
What you can contribute:
- 7+ years of experience in BMS or other mixed signal electronics testing
- Proven skills in PCB rework up to IC level, bread boarding, electrical test set up building, wiring harness preparation, and test fixture (ME/EE) building
- Proven skills & experience in simple schematics / layout design for small boards
- BOM preparation, parts kitting, outsourcing and testing of small board assemblies
- Handling of HV circuits and equipment involved in battery testing
- Basic electrical and electronic component level understanding of their operation and characteristics.
- Basic ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Basic understanding of Lithium-Ion battery operation and their safety precautions required
- Good oral and written skills and excellent documentation skills
You may also be able to contribute:
- Associate Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Proven experience in building EE lab, equipment purchase, installation by working with vendors, facility electrical and safety teams-based requirements from engineers.
- Experienced with EE lab maintenance
- Experienced with using scripting language like Python for automated testing and data extraction
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.