Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
We are looking for a CAE engineer to support the battery system technology team by building out engineering analytical tools leading to the design and optimization of safe and high performance battery systems. This position is a part of Battery Technology & Innovation team.
The Battery Technology & Innovation team is responsible for developing sophisticated technologies for energy storage system in aviation applications. As a professional in analytical tools of the team, this role requires a strong fundamental understanding of battery systems with exceptionally detail oriented attitude to support our engineers with making tradeoff decisions. The candidate will work closely with engineers from multi-functional teams of battery cell, battery system, battery management system, battery control and thermal. Our ideal candidate must be self-motivated, passionate about electrified aircraft development, and resilient to quickly adapt with direction changes
What you can do:
- Develop analytical tools to perform sophisticated CAE simulations to support battery system design and analysis
- Develop FE and CFD models and correlate with test results to provide component’s requirements for technical documents such as specifications and DFMEA
- Work with battery system engineer to conduct optimization studies by using optimization tools to come up with battery pack solutions that meet development’s targets
What you can contribute:
- 3+ years of applied experience in CFD and FEA with high analysis skills from multidisciplinary CAE domains: mechanical, thermal, multiphase CFD
- Excellent applied experience in CATIA for 3D CAD design and modeling
- Experience in HV battery design and optimization
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals - fluid dynamics, heat transfer, thermodynamics
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink and/or Python for multi-physics modelling
- Proven understanding of optimization techniques & application to CAE and product design (i.e. multidisciplinary design optimization, DOE/RSM, topology optimization)
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and with teammates to optimally deliver analysis on complicated projects with tight deadline
- Demonstrate ability to provide root cause analysis on intricate test/design scenarios via critical thinking and good correlation processes
You may also be able to contribute:
- DO-160 and DO-311 familiarity
- Relevant working experience in aviation industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Physics/Applied Mathematics/other relevant Engineering field, Master’s and PhD preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.