Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Battery Technology and Innovation Team has embarked on a mission to support the creation of groundbreaking Battery Technology building a state-of-the-art, safe, balanced, and highly efficient energy storage solution for eVTOL aircraft.
We are looking for an outstanding Algorithm Engineer to create our high voltage Battery Management System! Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, passionate about electrified aircraft development, and resilient to quickly adapt to direction changes. This creative individual will work closely with hardware and software engineers from multi-functional teams. Would you like to lift off with us? Be part of crafting this exciting new future along with us!
What you can do:
- Create dynamic, high-fidelity cell models for system modeling, battery gauging, and charging. Craft algorithms estimating available State of Energy (SOE) and dynamic State of Power (SOP) using multiple techniques that give redundant and robust solutions.
- Create machine learning algorithms and mathematical models that track and gauge cell degradation parameters online and predict lifetime cell and pack performances offline. Use MIL, SIL, PIL, and HIL techniques to verify, then validate models and algorithms.
- Optimize algorithms to work within real-time computer resource constraints like CPU cycles, memory, and power consumption.
What you can contribute:
- Electrical or Mechanical engineering background with a basic understanding of cell behavior due to load and thermal changes
- 7 years demonstrated ability in battery algorithm development or battery system control development for electrified applications in the automotive or aerospace industry (outstanding candidates from other industries will also be considered)
- Strong fundamental understanding of battery control and management an especially meticulously detailed approach supporting our engineers in making tradeoff decisions.
- Proven chemical understanding of rechargeable LIB, their limitations, and control opportunities. Validated experience in battery gauging algorithm arch, design, development, validation, and implementation in a target processor
- Proven background developing battery cell models and parameter tracking for vehicle and aircraft system modeling and battery gauging for power and energy
- Solid experience in using sophisticated control techniques like EKF, state observers, machine learning, multi-parameter optimization techniques and, the corresponding mathematical fundamentals
- Demonstrated competence using modeling tools like Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, Simscape including programming skills in languages like C, C++ for real-time applications
- Excellent coding skills using Matlab, Python, and other tools in analyzing large amounts of data. Competent understanding of functional safety software development.
- Excellent demonstrable communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
You may also be able to contribute:
- MS or Ph.D., in Control Systems (Emphasis in battery modeling and gauging)
- Experience in aviation with the understanding of DO-178C compliance for SW development
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.