Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Hyundai UAM division if Hyundai Motor Group is looking for a senior level, multi-disciplinary, and optimization (MDAO) engineer to add to its Flight Technology team supporting air vehicle design and development. The position works to define and evaluate conceptual designs that meet requirements at the system level developed by the strategy team. The position also evaluates competitor aircraft in the relevant market(s).
What you can do:
- Drive the integration of low to high-fidelity tools and data from various subject areas to aid in the development and analysis of conceptual aircraft designs, including air vehicle layout, sizing, performance analysis, and weight/cost estimation
- Conduct sensitivity analyses to understand vehicle design risks with respect to desired performance/attributes from the strategy team
- Conduct engineering evaluations of competitor aircraft
- Support requests from the Strategy Team
- Work with the broader engineering team to conduct multi-disciplinary trade studies to guide design decisions
What you can contribute:
- Understanding of air vehicle sizing/synthesis, including the tools
- Understanding of vertical lift aircraft performance
- Sufficient understanding of airframe structure and systems integration to develop vehicle layouts
- Experience with 3-D CAD software, e.g., CATIA v6
- Experience with preliminary weight and cost estimation methods
- Experience with aircraft development programs
- Experience with electric aircraft analysis
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary analysis and optimization methods, with varying levels of physics
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with rotorcraft and fixed-wing aircraft design and development
- B.S. in a relevant engineering field
You may also be able to contribute:
- Demonstrate additional knowledge and capability gained from earning an M.S. or a Ph.D. degree in a related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.