Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Come join our extraordinary team of Human Resource professionals. As a part of our team you will be encouraged and to be a conceptual problem solver with outstanding interpersonal leadership skills. You will have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, you should exhibit strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management and training. Top candidates will be comfortable running gray areas, with effective strategies to bring resolution.
Under the direction of the Head of Corporate Human Resources and in close collaboration with the Human Resources Business Partner you will support a variety of culture and people related initiatives at crafting an environment where our people can do their best work. The main responsibilities of this role will be to support the culture, talent, benefit, and operational initiatives of the HR team. The individual must be self-motivated and passionate about the opportunity to learn wide-ranging HR functions within a growing, fast-paced organization.
What you can do:
- Supports the strategy for the effective development and execution of workforce plans that aligns with GAM’s values and culture.
- Provide support for employee engagement activities to support a culture of belonging.
- Proactively create and implement dynamic programs that promote and support development, engagement, and culture.
- Researches, analyzes data and prepares quarterly reports on HR trends, new HR project suggestions and current program goals and progress.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance requirements.
- Assist with benefit administration including but not limited to health and wellness, life, disability, voluntary benefits, and EAP plan administration.
- Help draft and distribute employee benefit communications to employees, HR personnel and outside vendors.
- Run employee benefit enrollments and qualifying event changes in HRIS system.
- Serve as primary liaison between human resources and payroll teams.
- Maintain employee personnel records.
- Support onboarding and offboarding activities of staff.
- Partner with the Head of Human Resources to coordinate the performance evaluation process.
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition team to develop effective recruitment strategies.
- Build and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies.
- Process complaints regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions
What you can contribute:
- Minimum five to ten years of human resources or similar work experience, in a startup environment;
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the HR function (such as: benefits administration, performance management, and recruitment)
- Knowledge of basic human resources laws, policies, processes and programs to include FMLA, ADA, FLSA, HIPAA, OSHA, EEO, etc.
- Excellent professional judgment
- Speed and efficiency in performing tasks and an ability to absorb new information quickly
- Validated ability to act with sound integrity, tact, and discretion as well as excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; and
- Ability to excel cheerfully in a fast paced and robust environment with high standards.
- (Preferred) PHR or SPHR certification
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in HRIS systems
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
GAM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a physical or mental disability, please contact TA Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.