Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
You have a vision for how build a truly diverse, inclusive, and strong performance work environment where our people and business can thrive. You are a doer, who can drive ideas and execute solutions in a collaborative manner. As our Chief People Officer (CPO) at Hyundai UAM, you will lead an outstanding, diverse group of people team from across industries and sectors as well as the critical human capital functions and initiatives. You will steward the organizational culture through our systems, structure, and processes and align conversations around DEI, wellbeing, total rewards, learning, and more. You will champion our commitments to addressing systemic racism, sexism, and diversity, equity, inclusion more broadly. This is a phenomenal opportunity to contribute and join our team to craft a new business from ground up, but with the stability and infrastructure of Hyundai Motor Group.
This role will report directly to the CEO and work closely with executives and other key partners from UAM, Hyundai Motor Company, and Hyundai Motor Group affiliate companies.
What you will contribute:
Strategy & Vision
- Bring a strong vision to our team and ensure that DEI is not only prioritized as a People-team priority but also integrated
- Open the boundaries and pioneer innovative approaches, use of technology and data, and other ways of becoming a leader in what a strong culture and work environment look like
- Partner with leaders throughout the organization to develop People strategies and objectives proactively address critical People issues (e.g., HR, people management)
- Use data to drive decision making and transparency
Organizational Leadership & Culture
- You will be seen as a role model of the culture we want to create and maintain, leading UAM in growing a proven reputation as a great place to work and leader in organizational behavior and culture
- Develop and preserve a culture of trust, openness, safeguarding, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Build and maintain strong relationships with senior leaders, including other members of the Executive Committee, to craft responsive and relevant strategic plans, short and long term plans, objectives, and metrics for success
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to develop a leading People organization and culture
People Team Operations
- Build, implement, and be responsible for People strategies, tools, policies, budgets, systems, objectives and approaches that align with the new organization
- Recruit, develop, mentor, and coach the People Team (including Corporate HR, Talent Acquisition, and DEI leaders) to ensure healthy team dynamics, people growth, and collaboration
- Lead all aspects of the team’s Well Being agenda for UAM, ensuring that policies, systems, and support infrastructure thrive in situations of day-day stress
- Implement and lead People-related compliance efforts in collaboration with the Chief Compliance Officer adhering to, but far surpassing labor laws and regulations
Who you are…
- Passionate leader for people, people operations, organizational behavior, and creating community
- Experienced HR professional with extensive experience in human resources management, talent management and related functions, including financial and compliance acuity
- Proactive vigilante at the forefront of the industry and practice to anticipate business and talent opportunities and threats
- Outstanding executive level written and verbal communicator with ability to work with diverse, global staff across cultures, levels in the organization, and mediums (including virtual communications and interpersonal skills)
- Data driven technologist who can use technology, systems, and data to support a high functioning People department
- Strong leader with deep experience and appreciation for developing our strong DEI culture across the organization beyond trainings
- High integrity individual who can maintain strict confidential critical information and act at the highest level of moral grounds
- Bachelor's degree required; MA preferred
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.