Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Hyundai Urban Air Mobility Division is looking for a technical lead for EMI/EMC Engineering. This position will own the Design and Testing of aircraft systems for Electromagnetic Interference and Compatibility. This individual will be a self-starter, who has proven knowledge and experience in the areas listed below and can prioritize and perform tasks as an individual contributor with minimal direction. As the engineering organization grows, this person may be encouraged to lead other engineering team members from the electrical team.
What you can do:
- Technical lead for EMI, EMC, HIRF and Lightning Protection Analysis, Design and Testing for composite aircraft and installed systems/subsystems including lightning current return paths, airframe structure, motors, actuators, batteries, avionics, high and low voltage electrical systems.
- Coordinate, Schedule and Participate in Vendor Test Lab Selection and Testing Activities.
- Electromagnetic environmental effects testing of all electrical and electronic equipment as separate components and installed in the vehicle, including ESD and lightning induced transients.
- Generate test plans, test procedures and test reports.
- Perform and/or witness individual tests. Review and acceptance of test data.
- Procure test and support equipment as necessary.
- Commercial or military EMI EMC test procedures: DO-160, MIL-STD 461, MIL-STD-464, FCC
What you can contribute:
- Experienced in team leadership and project management.
- Experience with Fly-By-Wire aircraft systems and all-electric actuators.
- Experience with avionics systems and sensors.
- Experience with aircraft ground testing and flight testing.
- DO-178B/C, DO-160, DO-254, ARP 4754A, ARP 4761 familiarity.
- Familiarity with FAA part 23/25/27/29 or other certification experience.
- Highly collaborative and phenomenal communication skills.
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience with aircraft having multiple different modes of flight, including vertical lift.
- B.S. in electrical engineering or relevant engineering technology field.
- M.S. or PhD in electrical engineering or relevant engineering technology field.
GAM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a physical or mental disability, please contact TA Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.