Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The BSP software engineer is a key member of Digital Platform team, will be working together with other team members to develop all software needed for on board embedded software platform which serves as software foundation for UAM vehicle Intelligent System applications such as autonomy and vehicle health software. The ideal candidate will have strong embedded software development expertise, problem-solving skills, and be able to work well both on an individual basis and in a team environment. The successful candidate must work well with engineering team members, colleagues from other organizations, customers, and contractors to contribute to overall company success.
What you can do:
- Craft and develop embedded software under RealTime OS (RTOS) environment for vehicle digital software platform.
- Bring up boards, work on embedded kernels, develop device drivers for various autonomy sensors such as camera and LIDAR to compute platform for both edge computing and central computing at CPU and GPU.
- Develop data infrastructure, messaging sub-system, library integration, mechanism and modules for robustness and stability, and etc.
- Generate vital design documents and whitepapers as needed.
- Collaborate with system engineers and architects and other developers to implement software per requirements and safety standards.
- Interact with our partners, vendors, and internal/external customers as needed
What you can bring:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as an embedded system software developer working under Linux OS environment, and 2 years of experience working with one of leading RealTime OS (RTOS).
- Proven knowledge of Linux kernel internals (process scheduler, memory management, concurrency/synchronization, memory allocation, file systems) and networking or storage subsystems architecture.
- Prior bringup experience with ARM and/or x86 based SOC.
- Experienced in developing and debugging device drivers, bootloaders, or board support packages (BSP)
- Prior experience on bringup and developing device drivers for at least one type of sensors, such as camera, LiDar and radar.
- Successful development experience in embedded system software for high efficiency data pipeline, message handling, system performance and stability.
- Deep experience on all aspects of software engineering processes and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You may also have:
- Prior experience on autonomous control infrastructure software for automotive, robotics, unmanned aircraft system.
- Experience with ISO 26262, DO-178C, or other safety-related software and product development processes.
GAM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a physical or mental disability, please contact TA Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.