Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Hyundai Urban Air Mobility Division is looking for a manager for Electrical Systems and Wiring Engineering. This position will own the design and testing of aircraft systems for Electrical Power along with Electrical Wiring and Interconnection Systems (EWIS). This individual will be a self-starter, who has proven knowledge and experience in the areas listed below and can prioritize and perform tasks as an individual contributor and manager of a team. This person is will be a technical contributor and as the engineering organization grows, this person will be expected to be a lead and supervise other engineering team members from the electrical team.
What you can do:
- Technical Manager for Electrical System and Wiring Engineering
- Electrical System Architecture, Design and Analysis
- Cable Bundle Design, Wire Harness Design, Wire routing and Sizing
- Power Distribution, Voltage Conversion and Redundancy
- Ability to perform Power Budget and Voltage Drop Analysis
- Knowledge of Aerospace Connectors and EMI Cable Shielding
- Electrical Interconnect Design to Aerospace Standards
- Testing of Aircraft Wiring Harness including Bonding and Grounding
- CAD Tools used for cable layout and wiring design
- Communicate team status to management
What you can contribute:
- Experienced in team leadership and project management
- Experience with Fly-by-wire aircraft systems
- Experience with aircraft checkout and flight testing
- Knowledge of EWIS Aerospace Standards
- Knowledge of Aircraft EMI / EMC Design and Testing for Composite Airframe
- Familiarity with FAA part 23/25/27/29 or other certification experience
- Familiarity with Electric Motors and Motor Control
- Highly collaborative and phenomenal communication skills
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience with aircraft having multiple different modes of flight, including vertical lift
- B.S. in electrical engineering or relevant engineering field
- M.S. in electrical engineering or relevant engineering field
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
GAM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a physical or mental disability, please contact TA Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.