Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Compliance group within the legal department is primarily responsible for maintaining a culture of compliance within the organization. We ensure employees are aware of the various laws and regulations that impact our operations and provide the tools, training, and oversight to ensure proper compliance with them. We identify risks and put actions and processes in place to mitigate such risks. We are pro-active, customer-focused, agile, and responsive.
What you can do:
- Working with the Chief Compliance Officer, ensure overall compliance with export controls, economic sanctions programs, antiboycott and customs laws and regulations
- Working closely with our engineering and R&D colleagues, determine export jurisdiction and ECCN/USML classifications for various products and technologies
- Review technical data to assess technical content and make appropriate export license determinations
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date record keeping with respect to jurisdiction and classification determinations, license applications, and all government reports and filings
- Assist in maintaining up-to-date export compliance procedures, policies, and manuals
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 5 years of trade compliance experience
- Operational knowledge of Export Administration Regulation (EAR) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment with time-critical deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proficient in the use of PC, included MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience working in an export or trade compliance role within the aerospace industry
- Exceptional judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Experience working in a fast-paced, global environment
GAM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a physical or mental disability, please contact TA Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.