Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Computer Vision Engineer will develop the vision based perception systems for our vehicles. The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills and be able to work well both on an individual basis and in a team environment. The ideal candidate must work well with engineering colleagues, customers, and contractors to affect implementation of system requirements.
What you can do:
- Design and implement complex sensor networks, computer vision algorithms, and image processing pipelines
- Manage data collection, training and validation for deep learning-based approaches
- Optimize algorithm performance across a wide range of development platforms and embedded systems
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Computer Engineering or other related fields; or PhD
- Experience in building systems/algorithms in one of the following domains: computer vision, deep learning, or machine learning
- Strong background in feature/object tracking, VSLAM, or pose estimation using both classical and ML approaches.
- Expertise in developing solutions for embedded systems and SoCs, a plus for low latency edge AI on a constrained environment
- Familiarity with dependencies between performance of vision algorithms and image processors
You may also be able to:
- Strong Python and C/C++ implementation experience on safety-critical real-time systems
- Strong knowledge of low-level graphics programming (i.e. OpenCL, CUDA, GLSL)
- Experience working with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, MxNet, ONNX, and Caffe.
- Experience in simulations and verification methodologies
- Experience in bringing a detect and avoid solution to certification by an aviation regulatory agency
- Experience with ISO 26262, DO-178C, or other safety-related software and product development processes
GAM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a physical or mental disability, please contact TA Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.