Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Our Airframe Structural Analysis team is responsible for performing analysis of airframe structures and works closely with Structural Design, Loads, Payloads/Interiors and System group. We are looking for Structural Analyst to help build our structural analysis capabilities from the ground up. Our ideal candidate has significant experience and expertise in airframe primary structures. This position reports to the Airframe Structural Analysis manager and provide technical solutions for the Airframe Structural Analysis team.
What you can do:
- Develop the analysis methods and tools for composite & metallic structures
- Develop the inputs/requirements for material allowable and support material allowable development (Couple tests for composite materials)
- Develop the internal load Finite Element Model (FEM) to support initial sizing analysis & preliminary designs
- Perform structural analysis to substantiate airframe structural designs (fuselage, wing, empennage, major fittings, etc.).
What you can contribute:
- Minimum of 5 years of aircraft structural analysis experience
- BS, MS in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field
- Experience analyzing composite laminate aircraft primary structures
- Experience analyzing structures with classical analysis methodology and familiar with general aircraft structural design standards
- Experience with finite element analytical tools such as Hypermesh, NASTRAN, Hyperview, ABAQUS or similar (i.e. PATRAN, FEMAP… etc.)
- Experienced in CATIA V5/V6, SolidWorks or equivalent
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience analyzing metallic aircraft primary and secondary structures is a plus
GAM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a physical or mental disability, please contact TA Support at email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.