Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Out Airframe Structural Analysis team is responsible for performing analysis of airframe structures and work closely with Structural Design, Loads, Payloads/Interiors and System groups. We are looking for an experienced Structural Analyst to help build our structural analysis capabilities from the ground up. Our ideal candidate has significant experience and expertise in structural analysis of airframe primary structures. This position will report to the Airframe Structural Analysis manager and provide technical solutions for the Airframe Structural Analysis team.
What you can do:
- Develop the analysis methods and tools for static strength, fatigue and damage tolerance analysis of metallic airplane primary structures
- Provide the initial structural sizing inputs and initial structural substantiation
- Coordinate with other disciplines (External load/Aero, Weight, Mechanism, System, Propulsion) to address loads & requirements at the interface with airframe structures
- Develop the internal load Finite Element Model (FEM), incorporate all external loads to support initial sizing, preliminary designs & detailed designs
- Perform structural analysis to substantiate airframe structural designs (fuselage, wing, empennage, major fittings, etc.)
What you can contribute:
- Minimum of 8 years of aircraft structural analysis experience
- BS, MS in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field
- Experience with metallic structural static strength, fatigue and damage tolerance analysis
- Experience with finite element analytical tools such as Hypermesh, NASTRAN, Hyperview, ABAQUS or similar (i.e. PATRAN, FEMAP… etc.)
- Deep knowledge of classical structural analysis methodology and aircraft design standards
- Experience in CATIA V5/V6, SolidWorks or equivalent
- Experience with crack growth analysis and tools, like Nasgro.
- Highly collaborative and great communicator
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience analyzing composite laminate aircraft primary structures
- Experience with OEM design, analysis and certification of composite aircraft structures
GAM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a physical or mental disability, please contact TA Support at email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.