Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Our Airframe Structural Analysis team is responsible for performing analysis of airframe structures and will work closely with Structural Design, Loads, Payloads/Interiors and System groups. We are looking for Senior Structural Analyst to help build our structural analysis capabilities from the ground up. Our ideal candidate has significant experience and expertise in structural analysis of airframe composite primary structures. This position will report to the Airframe Structural Analysis manager and provide technical solutions for the Airframe Structural Analysis team.
What you can do:
- Develop the analysis methods and tools for composite laminate aircraft primary structures
- Support development of airframe structural design requirements and criteria
- Develop the inputs/requirements for composite laminate material allowable to support structural analysis and collaborate with Material & Process to develop composite material allowable
- Collaborate with structural designers for the initial structural sizing and preliminary substantiation
- Provide support to development of manufacturing process/methods and structural evaluation
- Coordinate with other disciplines (External load/Aero, Weight, Mechanism, System, Propulsion) to address loads & requirements at the interface with airframe structures
- Develop the internal load Finite Element Model (FEM), incorporate all external loads to support initial sizing, preliminary designs & detailed designs
- Perform structural analysis to substantiate airframe structural designs (fuselage, wing, empennage, major fittings, etc.)
- Mentor junior analysts in the group
What you can do:
- Minimum of 10 years of aircraft structural analysis experience
- BS, MS in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field
- Leading team experience and mentoring other engineers.
- Extensive experience analyzing composite laminate aircraft primary structures to support type certificate application and thorough understanding to failure modes and analysis methods of laminate structures
- Experience and knowledge in composite material screening process, processing, and manufacturing in aerospace applications.
- Experience with ground and flight testing of composite structures
- Experience with optimization of composite structures and laminates
- Experience with composite laminate material allowable generation and test programs
- Extensive experience with finite element analytical tools such as Hypermesh, NASTRAN, Hyperview, ABAQUS or similar (i.e. PATRAN, FEMAP… etc.)
- Deep knowledge of classical structural analysis methodology and aircraft design standards
- Experienced in CATIA V5/V6, SolidWorks or equivalent
- Highly collaborative and great communicator
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience with metallic static strength, fatigue and damage tolerance analysis
- Experience with OEM design, analysis, and certification of composite aircraft structures for 14 CFR Part23 and 25
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.