Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Our division fuses research in autonomy, robotics, aviation, and services to define a new category of mobility for communities. We are building a world-class team that will help usher in a new form of transportation that is poised to transform the mobility experience for many generations to come.
We looking for a Senior Aeroacoustics Engineer, who has a focus on interior acoustics, to support air vehicle design and flight tests with vibro-acoustics analysis and design.
What you can do:
- Be responsible for aeroacoustics analysis, design, and testing of interiors of air vehicle designs at various stages of development
- Be able to apply first principles to build various levels of fidelity acoustics tools to support the design at different phases
- Conduct vibro-acoustics using Finite Element, Boundary element and Statistical Energy analysis methods and the underlying engineering analyses that provide the necessary inputs to these calculations
- Perform noise measurement for the interior during ground and flight test operations
- Preferably familiar with Wave6 or VA One
- Support requests from the Strategy Team
- Work with the broader engineering team to conduct multi-disciplinary trade studies to guide design decisions
- Perform computational aeroacoustics simulation at the component and system level
What you can contribute:
- An understanding of acoustics engineering fundamentals, especially with regards to vertical lift aircraft
- Lead the efforts to perform interior noise engineering evaluations of vertical lift aircraft performance through analysis, test, and a combination of the two
- Minimum of 5 years experience with rotorcraft and fixed-wing performance analysis techniques that builds on a B.S. degree in a relevant engineering field
You may also be able to contribute:
- Leverage additional knowledge and capability gained from earning an M.S. or a Ph.D. degree in a relevant engineering field
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.