Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Genesis Air Mobility (GAM) is looking for a strong Engineering Labs Manager to play a key role in the development of eVTOL urban air mobility product & services solutions. This position requires an experienced technical professional with expertise coordinating cross-functionally to generate requirements for the build and sustainment of several engineering labs. In this role, you and your team of technicians and engineers will work with the Engineering and Advanced R&D verticals. Collectively, you will coordinate closely with the Finance Team to ensure requirements meet our internal customer needs and financial targets. Our ideal candidate is a mentor, team player, exhibits a can-do attitude, and approaches their work with vigor and determination.
What you can do:
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the engineering labs team working on the development & certification of autonomous, passenger carrying, eVTOL aircraft
- Manage execution of work by teams and team members through monitoring progress, providing technical direction, and problem solving solutions
- Manage the coordination of initial requirements, build, and sustainment of the engineering labs to include: the vehicle systems integration lab, battery technology lab, structural test lab, engineering simulator, and the certification of the full motion flight simulator lab to be used for customer training
- Mentor direct reports in all aspects of Engineering career development. Build world class engineering labs and ensure high-levels of availability, as well as Company core values, to promote development of world-class Engineering talent
- Supervise Team Leads and team members providing goals, feedback and recognition and developing bench strength through career planning and progression. Actively demonstrate Performance Management of resources to optimize skills and capabilities.
- Support new business initiatives though execution of special projects as needed to support the engineering team
- Manage the advancement of the product development process by providing technical support, developing lab tools and infrastructure, facilitating learning and continuity across teams
What you can contribute:
- B.S. minimum in the areas of Aerospace/Aeronautical, Mechanical, Systems, or Industrial Engineering or other related fields
- 5+ years in systems design, development, integration, and certification
- 2+ years of demonstrated progression in inspiring and leading technical teams
- Prior experience in developing and managing engineering development labs or extensive experience in systems integration and verification
- Experience in managing complex projects across multi-discipline teams. building and managing Research and Development Labs.
- Demonstrated excellence across a diverse set of Engineering domains, to include requirements new business/concept development, requirements development/allocation, system design and analysis, integration and test, anomaly resolution/root cause investigations, and lab management
- Critical thinker, adept at relationship building and leading through influence
You may also be able to contribute:
- M.S. in Systems Engineering
- Experience with electric propulsion air or ground vehicles
- Experience with high rate automotive manufacturing
- Experience with FAA or EASA certification projects, a plus if that experience includes certification of an aircraft simulator to 14 CFR Part 60
- Experience working with regulatory agencies
GAM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a physical or mental disability, please contact TA Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.