Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
We are looking for a strong Safety Engineer to play a key role in the development of eVTOL urban air mobility product & services solutions. This position requires an experienced professional with expertise in definition and application of processes and procedures in alignment with SAE ARP4754A and SAE ARP4761, safety requirements definition, management, and performance measurement within an agile product development environment. You will work with different engineering functions, and will liaise closely with the Strategy Team to ensure requirements meet our customer and business case needs. Our ideal candidate is a team player, a mentor, and exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
What you can do:
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the Engineering team and/or cross-disciplinary research & development team working on the development & certification of autonomous, passenger carrying, eVTOL aircraft
- Manage execution of work by teams and team members through monitoring progress, providing technical direction, and problem solving solutions
- Mentor engineers in all aspects of Safety Engineering industry best practices, as well as Company core values, to promote development of world-class Safety Engineering talent
- Support new business initiatives though trade studies, concept development, proposal responses, and customer presentations
- Manage the advancement of the product development process by providing technical support, developing tools and methods, and facilitating learning and continuity across teams
What you can contribute:
- MSc (minimum) in the areas of Applies Mathematics, Statistics, or Aerospace/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Excellent abstraction and communication skills
- Broad experience in systems aerospace safety and reliability domains and certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of ARP4761 methods, such as FTA, (P)SSA, FMEA/FEM(E)S, Common Cause Analysis
- Experience with HBDK 217plus or an equivalent reliability prediction tool
- Very good understanding of ARP4754A and the associated analysis methods
- Experience in risk/hazard analysis in aerospace industry
- Critical thinker, adept at relationship building and leading through influence
You may also be able to contribute:
- PhD in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or Aerospace/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Broad experience with HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Testing), ESS (Environmental Stress Screening), HASS (Highly Accelerated Stress Screening)
- Experience with electric propulsion air or ground vehicles
- Experience with safety aspects of RTCA DO-178B/C and RTCA DO-254
- Experience with FAA and/or EASA certification projects
- Experience working with regulatory agencies
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.