Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
We are looking for a strong Senior Systems Engineer to play a key role in the development of eVTOL urban air mobility product & services solutions. This position requires an experienced professional with expertise in requirements definition, management, and performance measurement within a product development environment. You will work with different engineering functions and will liaise closely with the Strategy Team to ensure requirements meet our customer and business case needs. Our ideal candidate is a team player, a mentor, and exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
What you can do:
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the Systems Engineering team and/or cross-disciplinary engineering team working on the development & certification of autonomous, passenger carrying, eVTOL aircraft
- Manage execution of work by teams and team members through monitoring progress, providing technical direction, and problem solving solutions
- Mentor Systems Engineers in all aspects of Systems Engineering and Model Based Systems Engineering industry best practices, as well as Company core values, to promote development of world-class Systems Engineering talent
- Support new business initiatives though trade studies, concept development, proposal responses, and customer presentations
- Manage the product development capacity and planning process through active recruiting and retention of skilled employees
- Manage the advancement of the product development process by providing technical support, developing tools and infrastructure, facilitating learning and continuity across teams
What you can contribute:
- BS in the areas of Aerospace/Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Experience with rotary wing aircraft design and certification
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), and Agile / Lean methodologies
- Broad experience in systems design, development, integration, and certification
- Demonstrated progression in inspiring and leading technical teams
- Demonstrated excellence across all Systems Engineering domains, to include requirements new business/concept development, requirements development/allocation, system design and analysis, integration and test, and anomaly resolution/root cause investigations
- Critical thinker, adept at relationship building and leading through influence
You may also be able to contribute:
- An advanced degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Broad experience in aircraft (OEM) level systems engineering
- Experience with electric propulsion air or ground vehicles
- Experience with Doors/Rhapsody systems design tools
- Experience with FAA and/or EASA certification projects
- Experience working with regulatory agencies
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.