Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Hardware Engineer will be responsible for design and validation of unique aircraft systems and sensors. The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills and be able to work well both on an individual basis and in a team environment. The ideal candidate must work well with engineering colleagues, customers, and contractors to affect implementation of system requirements.
What you can do:
- Bring a unique perspective to our team
- Contribute to system/subsystem architecture design of autonomy technologies, including embedded computer systems, communications/datalink, data logging, health management, etc.
- Design and fabricate prototype components for data collection, algorithm development, and technology demonstrations
- Derive hardware specifications from system level requirements
- Work closely with suppliers to help develop and procure hardware solutions
What you can contribute:
- B.S. / M.S. in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working with Avionics or other embedded electronics systems.
- An expertise in the development, qualification, and documentation of sub-system and component level design
- Knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of hardware in the loop (HWiL) testing setups
- An innovative spirit and a passion for bringing new technologies to market
You may also be able to contribute:
- Write code for embedded applications, firmware, drivers, and/or FPGA applications
- Draw on past experience with aircraft avionics systems, UAV/UAS technologies, or related aerospace applications
- Bring relevant knowledge of sensors such as Cameras, Radar, LiDAR, GPS/INS
- Have experience with DO-160G or other environmental testing standards
- Demonstrate comfort with ARP-4754, DO-178C, DO-254, ISO 26262, or other safety-related software and product development processes
- Utilize first-hand knowledge ADAS or other self-driving technologies
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.