Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Intelligent Systems organization is responsible for delivering safe and robust software products including autonomous control system and digital platform. The SW Integration and Test Manager, reporting to the Head of Intelligent Systems, will provide technical, process, and strategic leadership for the integration and testing of all software developed within the organization.
What you can do:
This position requires an experienced professional with expertise in building a world class organization to deliver a comprehensive software integration, verification, validation, and test process and execution at the subsystem level. You will also lead the SwIL and HIL development for testing of autonomous control software and hardware. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
- Oversee subsystem-level integration, verification, validation, and testing of Intelligent Systems software including those that are on-board, off-board, and cloud-based
- Build, manage, and lead a world class autonomous control V&V organization leveraging both internal and external engineering talent
- Build, manage, lead automated test environment including SwIL, HIL, simulations, and vehicle test assets
- Work closely with key stakeholders including software engineering, hardware engineering, program management, finance, operations, and external partners
- Provide guidance to executive leadership team on critical technology decisions
- Work closely with algorithm, software platform, and SQA leadership to implement verification and validation processes
- Define and maintain progress metrics to keep team and management up-to-date on status, KPIs, risk, and mitigation plans
- Work closely with our internal program management office (PMO) to execute predictable release cycles and diligently manage project workload and resource planning
- Work with Systems Architecture and Design to define the technology roadmap and scope development effort
- Identify, evaluate, qualify, select, and manage third-party development firms to augment and scale the core team
- Build and mentor leadership throughout the organization establishing a culture of ownership and accountability
- Lead team to efficiently deliver high quality code and features on-time and on-budget
- Foster cross-functional collaboration and productivity and effectively manage conflicts
- Build a fun productive working environment within a culture of intense collaboration
- Ensure team organization, individual development, and accountability are consistent with corporate values and policies
What you can contribute:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields
- 10+ years of leadership experience in with at least 5+ years in a management role
- Experience working in an Agile and CI/CD software development process
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing product delivery best practices
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional and proven leadership skills
- Proven track record of delivering multiple high-quality products for either the aerospace, consumer, or automotive industries
- Experience with ISO 26262, DO-178C or other safety-related software and product development processes
- Experience with embedded Linux and RTOS project
- Experience with V&V tracking tools
- Development of autonomous system testing environments
- Experience working with regulatory agencies
You May also be able to contribute:
- Master's Degree in a related field
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.