Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Hyundai UAM’s Finance team is growing, and we are looking for an experienced accountant to help us develop and evolve our accounting from the ground up. Our ideal candidate has experience in financial accounting and cost accounting in a corporate environment, preferably with a growing technology company.
What you can do:
Our Accountant is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and/or maintenance of the company accounting systems pertaining to journal entries, general ledgers, revenue reconciliation, cash flows, etc., in accordance with GAAP policies and procedures. This position will assist in design operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiencies to ensure integration of data produced into the systems. The Senior Accountant will also assist in the accurate consolidation, analysis, and reporting of accounting data and revenue.
- Assist in the management and preparation of the General Ledger, Consolidations and statutory reporting functions - establish performance metrics to drive accountability and measure improvement
- Assist in general ledger accounting activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting, including: consolidations, inter-company accounting, chart of accounts maintenance, accounting for international subsidiaries, journal entry and reconciliations, flux analysis and supporting schedules
- Participate the monthly financial close activities and assist in holding participants accountable by running a disciplined close process and coordinating activities and analysis with teams across the accounting and finance organization
- Participate in annual audits and special projects, interfacing with external auditors to provide required information and ensure proper record keeping for historical purposes
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to refine and streamline the close and audit preparation process
- Assist in ensuring compliance with local statutory regulations for international subsidiaries
- Support the tax function with schedules and information required for timely tax compliance
- Partner with FP&A for effective hand-offs and collaboration on financial analysis and process improvements
- Ad hoc projects as necessary, including M&A integration and adoption of new standards
What you can contribute:
- 2 - 4 years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
- Experience in IRS reporting and internal/external audits
- Knowledge on financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge on GAAP accounting principles and financial statements
- Strong integrity and work ethics dealing with highly confidential and critical documents and information
- Understanding of ERP systems and ability to pull detailed data
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience in Big4 accounting firms
- Master's degree in relevant field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.