Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Hyundai UAM’s Finance team is growing, and we are looking for a seasoned accountant to help us develop and evolve our accounting systems from the ground up. Our ideal candidate has significant experience in financial accounting and cost accounting in a corporate environment, preferably with a growing technology company.
What you can do:
Our Senior Accountant is responsible for the development, implementation and/or maintenance of the company accounting systems focusing on Accounts Payable (A/P) and Treasury operations in accordance with GAAP policies and procedures. This position will design A/P and Treasury operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve efficiencies to ensure integration of data produced into the systems.
- Manage the A/P and Treasury functions - establish performance metrics to drive accountability and measure improvement
- Oversee A/P accounting and treasury activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting, including: accounting for international subsidiaries, journal entry and reconciliations, and supporting schedules
- Drive the development of strategies to improve A/P accounting and Treasury operations efficiencies, effectiveness, and scalability, including the development and execution of policy, process and system changes
- Participate in annual audits and special projects, interfacing with external auditors to provide required information and ensure proper record keeping for historical purposes
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to refine and streamline the close and audit preparation process
- Ensure compliance with local statutory regulations for international subsidiaries
- Prioritize and manage the IT relationship and function enhancement within financial system for areas of responsibility
- Partner with FP&A for effective hand-offs and collaboration on financial analysis and process improvements
- Ad hoc projects as necessary, including M&A integration and adoption of new standards
What you can contribute:
- 6 - 8 years of relevant accounting experience including in A/P and Treasury functions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
- Strong knowledge on financial reporting standards (IFRS)
- Strong knowledge on GAAP accounting principles and financial statements
- Strong knowledge on cash modeling and techniques
- Strong integrity and work ethics dealing with access to cash and highly confidential/critical documents and information
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with ERP accounting systems (SAP, etc.)
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience in Big4 accounting firms
- Master's degree in relevant field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.