Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Do-er. Stickler for details. Problem solver. Fixer. Bridge Builder. SCRUM Master. Renaissance person. We are looking for you. As the Special Operations ‘Enabler,’ you will craft, implement, and execute processes and tools to streamline workflows and reduce friction as part of a driven and creative Special Operations team of technologists, designers, strategists, and analysts in the Office of the Chief Operating Officer. The Special Operations team is an A team to build, grow, and manage our business from core functions to engineering to business to user experience and more. You’re a creative thinker and operational executor with strong interpersonal skills who can partner with stakeholders across the company to track and stabilize projects, anticipate needs, and remove roadblocks. You love fixing problems and always embrace the best idea, even when it is not your own.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, this is a unique opportunity to shape a new business from ground up, but with the stability and infrastructure of Hyundai Motor Group. You will gain tremendous visibility and experience into all facets of the business with opportunity to move into other departments and roles (assuming you ever want to leave this role). You will work closely with teammates (including executives) across the organization, Hyundai Motor Group affiliates, and external parties.
What you can do:
- Enable the Office of the Chief Operating Officer to enhance our growth through innovative approaches utilizing your world class organizational and productivity skills
- Keep the Special Operations team organized and on track to tackle hard, ambiguous, and complex challenges across the organization though innovation, rigor, and independence
- Leverage digital productivity tools (e.g., JIRA) and methods to keep the team organized and aligned across time zones and geographies
- Take full ownership of projects, through innovative approaches to leveraging all resources in achieving desired outcomes, even when faced with new blockers and challenges
- Develop and implement processes and tools to reduce friction and enable the team to be as productive and effective as possible
- Think creativity, work collaboratively, and take proactive steps to ensure you and your teammates are unblocked and set up for success
- Communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders in writing, in person, and in virtual environments
- Coordinate across teams when needed to ensure the Office of the Chief Operating Officer is up to date and equipped
- Design and lead trainings around productivity and working in a virtual environment
What you can contribute:
- Desire and ability to improve the business across every facet by bringing order and efficiency to critical internal initiatives
- Determination and positive attitude under pressure with a roll up your sleeves attitude and ability to both creatively problem solve and motivate self and others
- Creative approach to project management that enables rapid iteration and low overhead methods of keeping stakeholders informed
- Meticulous attention to detail, including maintaining accurate records and diligently tracking key tasks and metrics
- Advanced user of O365, JIRA, Confluence, Slack, and other productivity tools
- Ability to work independently and simultaneously across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical and innovative mind thinking from first principles to delivering the best results with limited time
- Effective communication, inter-personal, and cross group collaboration skill
- Aptitude to deeply engage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders from end users to senior management/executives with collaboration at the core
- Passion for innovation and technology and constantly pushing the boundary in terms of doing business better with more effective tools
- Ability and desire to learn and pivot quickly as new challenges arise that may be new to you
- Understanding and appreciating the benefits and challenges of both start-ups and more established and traditional organizations (bonus points if you’ve worked in both!)
- Easy and flexible personal style and ability to work behind the scenes when necessary
- Passion to be a part of a mission driven organizations that isn’t just focused on product outcome but also driving a culture of inclusion
- Highest level of integrity and discretion with ability to keep highly confidential information
- Ability to travel domestically (and internationally in the future)
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.