Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Builder. Problem solver. Strategist. Fixer. Entrepreneur. Innovator. Bridge Builder. Renaissance person. We are looking for you. As a Special Operations Guru, you will work as part of a driven and creative Special Operations team of technologists, designers, strategists, and analysts in the Office of the Chief Operating Officer to build, grow, and manage our business from core functions to engineering to business to user experience. There will never be a dull moment as your mission pivots from incubating and spinning out new business capabilities to building executive level briefings to parachuting into a department or program to support on a special project to facilitating design thinking workshops across the org to developing corporate OKRs… You will work with an A Team, coaching and developing junior staff.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, this is a unique opportunity to shape a new business from ground up, but with the stability and infrastructure of Hyundai Motor Group. You will gain tremendous visibility and experience into all facets of the business with opportunity to move into other departments and roles (assuming you ever want to leave this role). You will work closely with teammates (including executives) across the organization, Hyundai Motor Group affiliates, and external parties.
What you can do:
- Enable the Office of the Chief Operating Officer to enhance our growth through innovative approaches utilizing your unique business insight
- Tackle ambiguous and complex challenges across the organization with innovation, rigor, and independence
- Take ownership of projects from problem definition to final recommendation in support of the Office of the Chief Operating Officer
- Empower strategic decisions for the business utilizing quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
- Harness your creative thinking and design thinking toolkit to drive innovative solutions with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization
- Partner alongside our leadership team to ensure the company is positioned to execute on its strategy in the near and long term
- Communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders in writing, in person, and in virtual environments
- Present the results of our work and proposals for future work to audiences from analysts to C-suite executives
- Embed with teams to resolve and bridge gaps in all aspects of our business
- Help innovate new business solutions and structures for future growth in all areas
- Design and lead trainings around innovation, design thinking, and agile approaches
- Act as mediator when needed between different stakeholders
- Coach and mentor junior staff
What you can contribute:
- Desire and ability to improve the business across every facet
- Determination and positive attitude under pressure with a roll up your sleeves attitude and ability to both creatively problem solve and motivate self and others
- Ability to work independently and simultaneously across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Thrive in taking responsibility for directly framing and influencing our most strategic decision
- Analytical and innovative mind thinking from first principles to delivering the best results with limited time
- Excitement in digging deep into quantitative and qualitative data and both translating and communicating that via appropriate tools (e.g., data visualizations, dynamic dashboards, decks)
- Effective communication, inter-personal, and cross group collaboration skills with the ability to build and deliver messages through story telling
- Aptitude to deeply engage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders from end users to senior management/executives with collaboration at the core
- Passion for innovation through the use of better technology to allow us to be the most effective
- Ability and desire to learn and pivot quickly as new challenges arise that may be new to you
- Understanding and appreciating the challenges of both start-ups and more established and traditional organizations (bonus points if you’ve worked in both!)
- Easy and flexible personal style and ability to work behind the scenes when necessary.
- Passion to be a part of a mission driven organizations that isn’t just focused on product outcome but also driving a culture of inclusion
- Highest level of integrity and discretion with ability to keep highly confidential information
- Ability to travel domestically (and internationally in the future)
- Experience with programming, scripting, or statistical packages (e.g., SQL, Matlab, Python, R) is a plus
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.