Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
Hyundai UAM’s Partnership Team leads the effort to develop a competitive UAM market with Hyundai as the industry leader. The team creates and implements that partnerships necessary to design, develop and scale aircraft production, build the infrastructure and ecosystem that support industry requirements, and gain widespread public adoption. Our team works by, with and through external organizations globally to include industry leaders in aviation, robotics, infrastructure, financing, and emerging technologies. The Partnership Team builds and maintains lasting relationships with national and local level organizations in the U.S. and abroad, including federal regulatory bodies, transportation agencies, educational institutions, and state & local level governments. Our Team is at the forward edge of our industry and a driving force behind changing the future of mobility. We are incredibly passionate about our people and looking for collaborative and innovative leaders to join us in this exciting endeavor.
What you can do:
We see you as a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit and ability sift through the unknown and define a path to success. As a partnerships manager within an enterprise that is focused on being a leader in mobility solutions, you will have the opportunity to explore to the fullest extent your knowledge and experience in technology, mobility, and relationship development. The role of a partnership manager encompasses aspects of strategy, business development, execution and facilitation. As a strategist you will help develop an understanding of the needs, stakeholders (public and private) and solutions (technology/policies) that positions Hyundai UAM team for successful commercialization. As a business developer you will identify the key stakeholders to develop a relationship of trust, transparency and integrity that yields opportunities to establish and grow the market(s). From an execution perspective you will formulate key initiatives, required plans for implementation, manage and deliver on commitments. At all times you will be working closely with all other members and teams within partnerships, UAM and other HMA affiliates, to facilitate strong collaboration that will deliver the most efficient actions that lead to success.
As a Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for working directly with communities to develop and execute local and regional partnerships that enable the UAM marketplace. You will identify new opportunities for driving future-focused planning in cities, in collaboration with local government and non-governmental partners, while finding opportunities for continuous improvement of existing programs. You will help foster an accountable, transparent, and highly collaborative environment that results in the successful implementation of infrastructure partnerships that align with Hyundai UAM’s strategic, operational, and tactical plans. Our ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in building deep and extended partnerships across a diverse set of stakeholders as well as a background working in politics, public policy, real estate, infrastructure development, emerging transportation technologies/products/services, aviation, or related disciplines.
A new role, the Manager will be asked to lead, develop, and support several major initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Identify and position for opportunities that provide Hyundai UAM with leadership roles and visibility in opening and enabling the UAM market across key geographies
- Build and validate the business case and concept of operations at the state and local level, and develop the relationships, policies, and tools to enable commercial launch in key geographies
- Develop creative new programs in collaboration with state and local partners, as well as oversee the implementation of existing programs and initiatives (including but not limited to planning demonstrations, policy forums/working groups, structuring feasibility analyses, impact assessments, and workforce development assessments)
- Build a consensus-driven consortium of global partners who are committed to advancing innovative transportation technology, including UAM
- Work closely across the Hyundai UAM organization to align and inform timelines, priorities, objectives, and commercialization plans at the site of implementation (cities)
- Working across HMG (Hyundai Motor Group) affiliates to support multi-modal infrastructure initiatives
- Support the growth of a global R&D constructs (Universities, Accelerators, etc.) that will help mold emerging and future technologies for mobility
- Support the development of a consensus-driven consortium of global partners who are committed to advancing innovative transportation technology, including UAM
What you can contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4-5 years experience (advanced degrees can count toward years of experience)
- Superb communication skills, and strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Experience working across diverse stakeholders, and a strong desire to work directly with community leaders from the public, private, and non-governmental sectors
- Adept at working as part of a team, while independently driving opportunities and results
- Willingness to travel, up to 40%
You may also be able to contribute:
- Experience in a direct role with a public entity
- Experience in urban planning or a related field (infrastructure, transportation, aviation, engineering, data science, etc.)
- Experience bringing transportation and/or technology products and/or services to market
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.