Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Flight Technology team provides the technical capabilities that enable Hyundai UAM to design safe, quiet, efficient, and innovative air vehicles that will transform future mobility.
We are looking for a Simulation Engineering Lead to support air vehicle design, component test, and flight test with engineering flight simulation development.
What you could do:
- Be responsible for planning and execution of flight simulation development to support design and testing of air vehicles at various stages of development
- Lead a team of Simulation Engineers to develop vehicle system and subsystem simulation components
- Establish & maintain sound software development standards and processes
- Establish & maintain a real-time flight simulation environment for human-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop simulation
What you can contribute:
- A deep and broad understanding of engineering simulation fundamentals, especially with regards to flight simulation of vertical lift aircraft
- Extensive experience developing engineering simulation environments to evaluate new and novel technologies at the vehicle system and sub-system levels
- Experience with state-of-the-art, physics-based flight simulation techniques that builds on a B.S. degree in a relevant engineering field
You may also be able to:
- Leverage additional knowledge and capability gained from earning an M.S. or a Ph.D. degree in a relevant engineering field
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.