Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
As a member of the Autonomous Controls team, the Robotics Engineer will work cross-functionally within the team and the broader organization for the development of advanced sensors and algorithms for the purpose of automated flight. The challenge we choose to undertake is the development of a fully autonomous passenger aircraft through the fusion of new and novel robotics technologies with cutting edge aerospace systems.
What you can do:
- Bring a unique perspective to our team
- Contribute to system/subsystem architecture design of autonomy technologies, including vision systems, LiDAR, Radar, GPS, inertial systems, etc.
- Derive hardware specifications from system level requirements
- Design, implement and test planning and decision making algorithms
- Develop and integrate outer loop controls, combining path-planning, sensor fusion, navigation, perception, estimation and controls
- Work closely with hardware for the evaluation, data collection, and proof of concept of novel technologies
What you can contribute:
- A strong C/C++ background, with practical experience on embedded systems
- 5+ years of experience in building systems/algorithms in one of the following domains: robotics, computer vision, path-planning, machine learning, or navigation
- A broad understanding of current state-of-the-art technologies and research areas for safety critical robotics applications
- A deep knowledge of one or more subject areas related to vehicle autonomy
You may also be able to:
- Program with strong Python and C/C++ implementation experience on safety-critical real-time systems
- Expertly utilize simulations and verification methodologies
- Draw on past experience with aircraft avionics systems, UAV/UAS technologies, or related aerospace applications
- Utilize first-hand knowledge ADAS or other self-driving technologies
- Demonstrate comfort with ISO 26262, DO-178C, or other safety-related software and product development processes
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.