Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Flight Technology team provides the technical capabilities that enable Hyundai UAM to design safe, quiet, efficient, and innovative air vehicles that will transform future mobility.
We are looking for a Senior CFD Engineer to support air vehicle design, component test, and flight test with computational fluid dynamics analysis.
What you could do:
- Be responsible for planning and execution of computational fluid dynamics analysis to support design and testing of air vehicles at various stages of development
- Provide technical guidance to other CFD Engineers and the broader Flight Technology team
- Develop aerodynamic databases to support engineering flight simulation
- Conduct computational analysis of interactional aerodynamics at the component and vehicle levels
- Establish sound Design of Experiment guidelines and repeatable, automated processes to optimize computational throughput
- Explore analysis techniques for new and novel technologies, establishing sound engineering approaches to utilizing CFD for development of unconventional designs
- Work with the broader engineering team to conduct multi-disciplinary trade studies to guide design decisions
What you can contribute:
- A deep and broad understanding of computational fluid dynamics engineering fundamentals, especially with regards to vertical lift aircraft
- Extensive experience using CFD to evaluate new and novel technologies
- Experience with state-of-the-art computational fluid dynamics analysis techniques that builds on a B.S. degree in a relevant engineering field
You may also be able to:
- Leverage additional knowledge and capability gained from earning an M.S. or a Ph.D. degree in a relevant engineering field
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.