Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Flight Technology team provides the technical capabilities that enable Hyundai UAM to design safe, quiet, efficient, and innovative air vehicles that will transform future mobility. We are looking for an Aerodynamics Engineer to support air vehicle design, component test, and flight test with aerodynamics performance analysis and design.
What you could do:
- Be responsible for aerodynamics analysis, design, and testing of air vehicle designs at various stages of development
- Conduct rotor and mission performance calculations and the underlying engineering analyses that provide the necessary inputs to these calculations
- Evaluate component test and vehicle flight test data, leveraging empirical data to improve analytical predictions and modeling.
- Support mission performance analysis requests from the Strategy Team
- Work with the broader engineering team to conduct multi-disciplinary trade studies to guide design decisions
What you can contribute:
- An understanding of aerodynamics engineering fundamentals, especially with regards to vertical lift aircraft
- Capability to conduct aerodynamics engineering evaluations of vertical lift aircraft performance through analysis, test, and a combination of the two
- Experience with rotorcraft and fixed-wing performance analysis techniques that builds on a B.S. degree in a relevant engineering field
You may also be able to:
- Leverage additional knowledge and capability gained from earning an M.S. or a Ph.D. degree in a relevant engineering field
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.