Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Flight Technology team provides the technical capabilities that enable Hyundai UAM to design safe, quiet, efficient, and innovative air vehicles that will transform future mobility. We are looking for a Handling Qualities Engineer to support air vehicle design, component test, and flight test with aerodynamics and flight dynamics analysis.
What you could do:
- Be responsible for aerodynamics analysis, design, and testing of air vehicle designs at various stages of development
- Conduct flight dynamics simulations and the underlying engineering analyses that provide the necessary inputs to these calculations
- Evaluate component test and vehicle flight test data, leveraging empirical data to improve analytical predictions and modeling
- Support flight simulation modeling and development for use in flight control laws and propulsion system control laws development
- Work with the broader engineering team to conduct multi-disciplinary trade studies to guide design decisions
What you can contribute:
- An understanding of aerodynamics and flight dynamics engineering fundamentals, especially with regards to vertical lift aircraft
- Experience conducting engineering evaluations of vertical lift aircraft handling qualities through analysis, test, and a combination of the two
- Experience with rotorcraft and fixed-wing aerodynamics analysis techniques that builds on a B.S. degree in a relevant engineering field
You may also be able to:
- Leverage additional knowledge and capability gained from earning an M.S. or a Ph.D. degree in a relevant engineering field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.