Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The software architect is a key member of Digital Platform team, responsible for driving architecture of on board embedded software platform which serves as software foundation for UAM vehicle Intelligent System such as autonomy and vehicle health software. The ideal candidate will have strong embedded software architecture expertise, problem-solving skills, and be able to work well both on an individual basis and in a team environment. The successful candidate must work well with engineering team members, colleagues from other organizations, customers, and contractors to contribute to overall company success.
What you can do:
- Define and develop embedded software architecture for vehicle intelligent system software platform, including data infrastructure, messaging sub-system, mechanism and modules for robustness and stability, and etc
- Define on-board data infrastructure for intelligent system, including high throughput data communications, storage, pre-processing and compression, allowing both edge computing at various sensors as well as at compute center including both CPU and GPU
- Create architecture documents and high level designs as needed
- Collaborate with system engineering closely and come out with robust architecture to meet requirements
- Work closely with developers during software implementation, and hands on writing software as needed
- Collaborate with cyber security architect to achieve overall software security
- Drive articulation and alignment of technology road-map and interaction with other organizations
What you can bring:
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related fields
- Minimum 8 years of experience working as an embedded system software architect or/and tech lead, proven track record of implementing software for all layers: driver and BSP, framework, and application
- Deep knowledge on Linux system architecture, hands on experience with one of the RTOS systems.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++
- Deep knowledge of data manipulation, message handling
- Experience in designing solutions to provide system performance and stability
- Deep experience on all aspects of software engineering planning and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You may also have:
- Prior architecture experience on autonomous control software system for automotive, robotics, unmanned aircraft system
- Prior experience of developing architecture for Run Time Assurance (RTA) system
- Experience in software development and architecture for cloud services and distributed system
- Experience with ISO 26262, DO-178C, or other safety-related software and product development processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request to be provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at: email@example.com
This position may include access to certain technology and/or software source code, that will be subject to U.S. export control laws. If an export license or other export control authorization is required in connection with your employment, your employment is contingent upon GAM’s receipt of such license or authorization and approvals and your continued compliance with all conditions and limitations contained in such license or authorization.