Hyundai Motor Group is at the forefront of creating emerging mobility solutions that will foster the development of human-centered cities. The Group’s Urban Air Mobility Division is designing a completely new electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft tailored to the mobility needs of future cities, allowing passengers a seamless intermodal journey that safely transports them to their final destination. We fuse research in autonomy, robotics, aviation and services to define a new category of mobility for the world’s communities. We believe in creative thinking and collaboration to help build a better mobility experience for everyone, improving people’s ability to move – whether for work or play.
What we do:
The Hyundai Urban Air Mobility Division is looking for a Senior Handling Qualities Engineer to support air vehicle design, component test, and flight test with aerodynamics and flight dynamics analysis.
What you could do:
- Be responsible for aerodynamics analysis, design, and testing of air vehicle designs at various stages of development.
- Provide technical guidance to other Handling Qualities Engineers and the broader Flight Technology team.
- Conduct flight dynamics simulations and the underlying engineering analyses that provide the necessary inputs to these calculations.
- Evaluate component test and vehicle flight test data, leveraging empirical data to improve analytical predictions and modeling.
- Support flight simulation modeling and development for use in flight control laws and propulsion system control laws development.
- Work with the broader engineering team to conduct multi-disciplinary trade studies to guide design decisions.
What you can contribute:
- A deep and broad understanding of aerodynamics and flight dynamics engineering fundamentals, especially with regards to vertical lift aircraft.
- Extensive experience conducting engineering evaluations of vertical lift aircraft handling qualities through analysis, test, and a combination of the two.
- Experience with rotorcraft and fixed-wing aerodynamics analysis techniques that builds on a B.S. degree in a relevant engineering field.
You may also be able to:
- Leverage additional knowledge and capability gained from earning an M.S. or a Ph.D. degree in a relevant engineering field.
Candidates applying for positions with the UAM division must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer included Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
This position includes access to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. We will not consider applicants for this position for whom an export license will be required.